Ready Steady Go Kids commenced in Australia in 2004 in a quest to help all children benefit from sport and physical activity. Today, the physio-designed programme is run in hundreds of locations across the world and is now available in NZ!
Our programme objectives are as follows:
- Introduce children to a variety of sports in a structured, safe, inclusive and non-competitive environment.
- Show children that sport and physical activity are fun, thus developing a lifelong passion for exercise.
- Develop and enhance age-appropriate gross motor skills, coordination, and correct posture.
- Teach the importance of good sportsmanship and teamwork.
- Decrease childhood obesity.
- Increase each child’s confidence and ability to accomplish tasks independently.
- Prepare children to perform better in school and participation in the broader community.
Each Ready Steady Go Kids class runs for a 45 minute duration, and we cover ten sports on a rotational basis over 2 terms.
Our classes are designed to focus on a specific gross motor, hand-eye/foot-eye and/or balance activity to complement the sport component and our programme structure is repeated each week so that participants become familiar and comfortable with the routine.
To ensure that every participant receives a high level of attention and support, we maintain a low instructor to student ratio, and our instructors have extensive experience in teaching children.
We invite and encourage parental participation in our classes, and — trust us — parents love our classes as much as the kids!
Our programme is structured so that we can accept enrolments throughout the year. So, if you’ve missed any sport, don’t panic, we will still be able to accommodate. Click here to book your free trial now. Monthly fees are pro-rated to include only the remaining classes.